The Time and The Place: A Campaign for Pembroke

Pembroke is embarking upon the most significant expansion of the College since our foundation. 

The Time and the Place campaign is our effort to raise a minimum of £75 million in order to realise the vision for an enhanced Pembroke scholarly community on the south side of Mill Lane, right by the medieval site.  Above all, it is about our shared goal to create the best possible environment to attract the best minds here and nurture their excellence so that they can go out and change the world.

Support Our Campaign

Every gift matters, and the College is grateful. It is possible to give tax-efficiently from a number of countries or to get involved with this transformational project in numerous other ways. This page illustrates how.

The Campaign

The Dolby family have offered Pembroke an extraordinary opportunity and our campaign aims to seize this moment: this is the place, and now is the time.

The Mill Lane Project

The redevelopment of the Mill Lane site will meet a long-held objective that the scholarly environment of Pembroke should be able to meet its academic ambition.

Latest News

Reflections on Ray Dolby

At The Time and The Place campaign launch event on 18 March, David Robinson (1959) spoke movingly about the life and career of his friend with Ray Dolby (1957). read more…

  • 1347
    College Founded

    On Christmas Eve 1347, the College was founded by Marie de St Pol.
    The historic core of the College still stands on its original site.

  • 1665

    The Chapel

    Pembroke’s Chapel is the first completed work of Sir Christopher
    Wren, and the first chapel in Cambridge or Oxford in the classical style.

  • 1670

    Ivy Court

    The Hitcham Building, on the south side of Ivy Court, contains the
    Thomas Gray Room, where poet Thomas Gray and William Pitt the Younger both lived.

  • 1878

    The Library

    Alfred Waterhouse designed the Library, Red Buildings and the present Hall.

  • 1881

    New Court

    New Court was designed by George Gilbert Scott Junior, who was also
    responsible for saving the Old Library from demolition in 1880.

  • 1997

    Foundress Court

    Foundress Court is currently home to the Henry Moore sculpture
    Figure in a Shelter (1983).

  • Now

    The Time and The Place

    Mill Lane provides the opportunity for the most significant expansion
    of the College since our Foundation.